To the one from whom much was despoiled and plundered, the gaze of God goes most directly, and the holiest help He gives. ~Marie Hosdil~



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Out of Darkness ~ Lights, Camera, Action

When I first realized that this blog idea was working out and the words were coming together to convey my story, I asked a couple of close friends to help me by linking to my blog so that it would start to get some exposure. You can't help people if you don't reach them! Not only have those that I contacted helped out but some others have come along side and helped spread the word as well.

Yesterday I took a day off work and drove to the studio where Steve and Janet Ray tape many of their documentaries and videos. I've been there before and enjoyed the very professional atmosphere and the enthusiasm for the Catholic faith that shows through in the work produced there. I did a short interview with Steve and Janet about the blog project I am working on and my desire to see this effort become a vehicle of healing for others.

Presently I'm spending a lot of time praying about where to go from here. While there may be more chapters concerning my childhood experiences, I believe the majority of what is ahead is going to be the fruit of allowing God to show me the inner workings of how healing took place. I know all about the steps I took, but only God knows all the changes he wrought in my heart and mind. So please pray for me as I discern where we go from here.

Thank you Steve and Janet and everyone at the studio for helping me spread hope.


2 comments:

Paul said...

You should post a few of your stories on PickAFig (a Catholic Social Bookmarking site) to let others know of your blog.

Leslie K. said...

Your courage to let all know that healing is possible and God is real is an amazing courage...thank you.