To the one from whom much was despoiled and plundered, the gaze of God goes most directly, and the holiest help He gives. ~Marie Hosdil~



Saturday, March 30, 2013

Twelve Easter Vigils Ago

I love this picture.  I remember the moment clearly.  After counting down the days for the better part of a year, I had finally been able to receive Christ in the Eucharist, the way He has always longed for me to receive Him.  I could not contain the tears of joy.  My sponsor, who was almost as thrilled as I was, jumped up and snapped a picture when he heard the tears start.  I was a bit embarrassed  but I'm thankful for this frozen moment in time to look back on.

As I look forward to my thirteenth Easter Vigil as a Catholic, I am reminded of something my poor brother said to me before I was received into the Catholic Church.  He claimed that I would grow tired of the liturgy and the ritual and I'd go back to where I came from.  Well, I'm happier here than I've ever been and I cherish the ancient Liturgy that connects me over and over again here in time and space with the Holy Liturgy in Heaven and provides me with the One Flesh Union with my Lord, Master and Spouse, Jesus Christ.  How could one ever tire of that?  Wouldn't that be the very same as tiring of Heaven?  Like growing weary of the Beatific Vision?  No, dear one, I'm not the least bit tired of close encounters with Jesus Christ.  You really have no idea what you are missing.  That would explain why I am the only one who sheds tears over your rejection of His invitation to the Supper of the Lamb.

Blessed Easter my friends.  He is Risen!!!

2 comments:

CitySeminarian said...

He is Risen indeed!

chimakuni said...

Happy anniversary, dear Sister!